Thursday, November 26, 2009

C'est bientôt Noël

Je regret...I left the battery of my camera at home...and today was a perfect day for photos!! School finished at midday today so Helen and I returned home for lunch. We had mince patties and string beans...the meat was so raw, I didn't eat it. I felt kinda bad but my host mother understood so it was ok. It's nearly Christmas and I'm so excited. At three o'clock, mom, helen and I went to centre ville de Moselle. There are so many Christmas markets and everything is so intriguing I just want to try them all:):) There were lots of food such as candied fruit, frog legs, snails, churro s..the markets were filled with everything Christmassy>.<
After that we went to a patisserie^^ Mum would absolutely loveeee France. The cakes were so intricate and beautiful but I forgot the battery for my camera =/ I had a cafe au lait and a pistachio mousse cake. The centre of the cake was made up of a pistachio sponge with a praline inside. It was then covered with pistachio mouse and glazed with chocolate ganache:):) The presentation was absolutely stunning. Pistachio flavoured macaroons adorned the petit gateaux and it sat in a golden foil plate. I promise the next time I go I'll remember my "whole" camera and take lots of photos!!
I just got chocolate on my new jumper grrr... We visited the cathedral of Moselle. There is so much history behind all the buildings in Metz, Je l'aime:)
Helen's cousin David is over at the moment. He had dinner with us but he hasn't spoken to me..in fact hardly anyone speaks to me except my host family. Everyone is afraid to speak to me because they think their english is really bad? but I actually want them to speak to me in French...well..I hope they'll speak to me soon...it would be nice to not just sit in class staring aimlessly or drawing till my brain runs out of ideas...
Is it possible to still be jet lagged after 5 days? I get so tired... and my head hurts from concentrating..
grosses bises
xoxoxoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment